With so many options to choose from, it’s hard to know which kit would be right for your family. Each of our Timberdoodle Curriculum kits is available in 3 models: Basic, Complete, or Elite. What’s the difference (besides price)? I’m glad you asked!
- Our Basic kit includes grade-specific materials for language arts, math, and thinking skills. It is not a complete curriculum. You’ll need to add in history and science materials. This is a great option for families on a strict budget who are willing to do the work to find those materials at the library, or for those with multiple children who already have history and science materials that all the children can share.
- Our Complete kit includes everything in the Basic kit plus materials for history and science, and a few more hands-on tools that tie in well with the basic subjects. This is a great option for families who want to make sure they cover the main academic subjects well but don’t have time for a lot of extras.
- Our Elite kit includes everything in the Complete kit plus a nice selection of hands-on enrichment activities… “the fun stuff” like a stop-motion animation kit, advanced robotics, art sets, etc. This is a great option if you find yourself running out of things for the kids to do.
For larger families, we recommend choosing a Complete or Elite kit for your main “group” study, and then adding on Basic kits for your children at other grade levels.
What if you like one of our kits but want to make a few changes? Say you need a different level of math, or you already own or don’t want one or more of the items in the kit? No problem! We offer a custom kit builder just for you.
What if you prefer to not receive faith-based materials? Or you purchase through your local school district and need a secular-only curriculum? We offer Secular Homeschool Kits. Our secular kits are based off of our elite curriculum kits, with all of the religious content removed or substituted.
Of course you can always choose items a la carte, but there are advantages to purchasing a kit:
- convenience of buying your entire year’s homeschool curriculum in only minutes
- typical savings of 10-15% off our already discounted prices
- free ground shipping (see our website for details)
Still have questions about what to choose? Feel free to contact us any time. We love to hear from you!