Have you ever wondered what it would take to blog for Timberdoodle? Or why exactly people do it? Then this is the blog post for you!
Benefits to reviewing for Timberdoodle:
- Be part of a team of bloggers to learn and grow.
Members of our blog team will be invited to join a closed Facebook group for the purpose of networking with other bloggers. We can share tips and ideas as well as cross-promote one another’s blogs.
- Free product
As items are available for review we will let you know via the Facebook group, then choose a blogger from among those of you who offer to review the item. You’ll never be sent an item you didn’t request. (Review products will be individual items not full curriculum kits.)
- Get promoted
Your review posts will be cross-promoted on the Timberdoodle blog, Timberdoodle’s Facebook page, and Timberdoodle’s Pinterest boards. Links to your posts will also be shared with the publisher or vendor and sometimes they even cross-promote them. This is a great way to drive traffic to your blog.
Please note that being added to the team does not guarantee that you will be chosen for a specific number of reviews.
We anticipate having a handful of review items available every few weeks through the summer.
What we expect from our bloggers:
- Respond to emails in a timely manner.
We won’t be nagging you, but if you have an item out for review we need to be able to contact you.
- Let us know when you will post your review.
Life happens. We understand that. You may need to reschedule a review. No problem! Just be sure to let us know.
- Post a review of every item received even if it turns out to not be a good fit.
We want honest reviews, not necessarily positive reviews. Of course, we would expect you to be gracious. You can say something like, “While this wasn’t a good fit for my family, it might work well for yours.”
- When mentioning the product, please use the coded link we provide so we can track the traffic your post brings to our site.
- When mentioning the product, only link to Timberdoodle, even if you mention the product in a non-review post later.
Sometimes the products we carry are available at Amazon, and a lot of bloggers use Amazon affiliate links to help monetize their blogs. We understand that. However, if we have provided the product to you for free we would expect that you will help promote our site, not Amazon’s, for that particular product.
How to increase your likelihood of being chosen for review products:
- Fulfill the above expectations.
- Have great pictures. Show your children using the product. (You could show their hands or the backs of their heads if you are concerned about privacy.)
- Share links to your review on social media.
- Participate in the Facebook group by helping cross-promote others’ blog posts on social media.
Would you like to join us?
Just fill out the short application here and we’d be thrilled to consider you for the team. This year Timberdoodle has an open blog team, meaning new bloggers may be added to the team all year long. If you are chosen for the team you’ll receive an email from us with details, including how to join the official Facebook Group. We look forward to working with you!
Regrettably, due to the cost of international shipping, we will need to limit our team to those with US mailing addresses. Thank you for understanding.